By Head Coach Marcel Mandagaran
Following up on Coach Laura’s Blog “5 ways to jump start your nutrition”, I present to you my own, but a Fitness version. First off, if you have to choose between Nutrition and Fitness for some reason, choose your nutrition first. You benefit far more from proper nutrition than from just exercise. Now if combined, these two elements could put you on the fast track to Health and Wellness, longevity, and a great quality of life!
When you are ready to start improving your fitness, where do you start? What we hear a lot is, “I need to get in shape before I start CrossFit”. That’s crazy! You start CrossFit to get in shape. This program is designed to work for any type of individual. Doesn’t matter if you have been a professional athlete or if you have never touched a weight in your life. All coaches are trained to make sure you stay safe, progress at the right speed, and that you have fun doing it.
Here are 5 easy steps you can take to get started;
- Search “CrossFit gym near me”. Set yourself up for success. Make it as easy as possible to get to the gym. Less barriers, the better. Choose a gym close to work or near your home. Call the closest one. If they are doing things properly, someone will pick up or get back to you very, very shortly. If they don’t move on to the next closest.
- See if they will schedule a consultation with you. Most good gyms want to get to know you and see how they can help. You will be able to tell very quick if they just want to sell you on something or if they truly care about your health and fitness.
- Show up to your consultation 5 minutes early. Someone should be there ready to greet you, eager to help. First impressions are huge. You should be able to tell pretty quick if this is the type of person you want leading you through your fitness journey.
- Be honest with the coach or trainer and also be honest with yourself. Let them know your struggles and also what you think you are doing well. The more honest you are, the better. Coach can come up with a solid plan designed to help you achieve your goals.
- Lastly, like my Dad always says, “Grab the Bull by the horns”. Don’t put off getting started. The sooner you get started, the sooner you will start to feel and look great! The longer you wait, the more your brain will find ways out of it. If you enjoyed the consultation, truly believe this person cares and wants to help, and trust the information you were provided with, then don’t hesitate, start as soon as possible! It will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
We as trainers and fitness professionals absolutely love when someone makes the decision to improve their health and fitness. We are in a constant battle against chronic disease and will continue to fight to help as many people as possible.
If you would like to schedule a FREE Consultation, don’t hesitate, We Can Help. Just click the link below